California Health Insurance
Although being a big state with a great geographical disparity, the access to Ready Health Care coverage is pretty good, slightly above the national average. Despite having a great lack of Health Insurance coverage within the state, public funding is strong (over $100 per person in 2008) and allows individuals to access Health Care if needed. Federally Qualified Health Centers are also available, although they tend to cover a low percentage of the population living in California under 200% FPL.
For California residents lacking health insurance coverage, it’s vital for you to search and contract a Health Insurance Plan that fills your needs. Despite having accessible Health Care, it’s expensive to pay for it out of your pocket in California. When searching for the best health insurance coverage plan, it’s important to look at the rates, coverage, and all the policies and companies
For more information and guidance, we highly encourage you to visit the site of the California Department of Insurance, which has the official list of licensed companies and insurance agents involved.
Health Ranking: #24
State Health Department Web Site: http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/
California has a strong Health System, thanks to a strong Public Health funding and overall healthy lifestyle of its residents. When compared to the national average, California ranks as the 24th healthiest state, just slightly below the national average. One of the biggest assets this state offers is that overall, people feel healthier with time, which means that healthy lifestyles and preventive health measures keep Californians healthy.
One of the key aspects that this state needs to work on is Health Insurance coverage, because although Medical Care is highly accessible despite the state’s geographical disparity, a big chunk of its residents (almost 20%!) lack Health Insurance coverage. Overall, California can be an excellent home for your family, as long as you have Health Insurance or life insurance.
- California has great numbers when it comes to most preventive health issues. For example, this state’s rate of Occupational deaths is the 2nd lowest within the US.
- Other great preventive health numbers are the low incidences of Cancer-related and Cardiovascular-related deaths within the state. The incidence of infant mortality has been reduced within the previous years as well.
- California has a great Health System, with a strong number of primary care specialists, and a low number of unnecessary hospitalizations. This means the system is capable and efficient, and that it will work well if needed.
- California has also one of the biggest Government funding when it comes to Health, with over $100 per resident.
- Despite having great public health funding, California is also one of the states with the biggest percentage of residents lacking Health Insurance coverage. More alternatives and policies need to become available for residents.
- California is a big state, with one of the country’s biggest percentages of Geographical disparity (17.3%). This could make Health access difficult for some Californians living in difficult locations.
- One of the key Health obstacles that need to be worked on is the extremely high level of air pollution. California has some of the country’s most polluted air, especially in the major cities (such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, etc). This is the main cause of other Health issue, the high rate of infectious disease cases.
- Although the state works hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle and to prevent major health problems, one of the aspects the state needs to work on is lowering the percentage of binge drinking. This percentage has increased within the past year, and is directly related with the state’s violent crime rate (which is also very high, with 52 offenses for every 10,000 residents).
California Health Insurance Quotes
In order to save on health insurance in California and find the best match for your personal coverage needs, you need more information than any one health insurance company can provide. You need to be able to review quotes from a broad range of California health insurance companies and see how their plan rates and benefits stack up. That is why we enable you to choose from a broad range of insurance companies and health insurance plans available in California.
California health insurance news
As a resident of California, it’s always important to be informed of the latest events and news regarding Health Insurance in your state. Here are some of the latest headlines that mention Health Care and Health Insurance related topics for California:
California Office of Insurance Regulation and Department of Health
If you have any additional questions or need special assistance, feel free to visit or contact California’s Department of Insurance and Department of Health Services directly:
California Department of Insurance
Consumer Services Division
300 South Spring Street, South Tower
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Phone: (916) 322-3555
California Department of Health Care Services
P.O. Box 997413
Sacramento, CA 95899-7413
Phone: (916) 445-4171