Connecticut Health Insurance
One of the greatest things of Connecticut when it comes to Health Care is the extremely low percentage of residents lacking Health Insurance (only about 9 per every 100 residents do not have any type of Health Insurance coverage). Over 90% of the residents of Connecticut could get Primary Health Care when needed, which shows that not only Health Insurance is available and accessible, but Health Care is too.
Many of the residents of Connecticut get their Health Insurance plan through their employer. About 65% of employers offer at least some sort of Health Benefit plan to its employees, and 8 of every 10 employees take the Health plans offered.
For people lacking health insurance coverage, or people living under the 200% Federal Poverty Line, Health Centers and Federally Qualified Health Centers are quite accessible. FQHCs offer support to almost one third of all the Connecticut residents living under the 200% FPL.
Within the state, the Connecticut Insurance Department is the institution responsible for regulating Health Insurance Plans and policies. If you are searching for Health Insurance, always check that the agent or company you are interested in has a valid license. If you have been having trouble finding private Health Insurance Plans, you can also check out the Connecticut Health Reinsurance Association (HRA), which offers coverage to individuals who have been rejected for individual policies due to preexisting health conditions.
Health Ranking: #7
State Health Department Web Site: http://www.ct.gov/dph/
Connecticut has been one of the leading and most healthy states for the past fifteen years, ranking always within the nation’s top ten healthiest states. Despite losing two spots in America’s Health Rankings, this state was dubbed in 2008 as the 7th healthiest state in America. Connecticut knows what to do when it comes to its residents’ health and is capable not only of offering adequate Health Care, but also accessible and efficient Health Care for its citizens.
One of the biggest keys for the success of this state when it comes to health is the careful care of overall health aspects. Not only this state works hard to offer Health Insurance coverage to most of its residents, but also works on helping its people maintain a healthy lifestyle and to have preventive health measures, that allow them to stay healthier and feel healthier with time.
There is always room to improve, but when things go as smoothly as they do in this state, in terms of health, you can’t ask for more as you are getting already some of the best health care in the United States.
- Connecticut is a state with a very reduced incidence of Obesity (2nd lowest within the US) and Smoking (3rd lowest within the US). Not only these percentages are some of the lowest in the country, but they continue to lower as well. They show that the overall lifestyle of the people of Connecticut is very healthy.
- One of the key factors that makes Health Care accessible to the people of this state is the low geographical disparity within the state. Connecticut has the most even state when it comes to its physical conditions, which is a great plus.
- This state has one of the most reduced percentages of residents lacking Health Insurance coverage. About 9 out of 10 residents of Connecticut have Health Insurance, which protects them and assures them that in case of an eventuality, the system is ready to help them.
- Connecticut’s children are well protected as well. 9 out of 10 infants within the state receive complete Immunization coverage.
- One of the only measures that has increased within the past year is the incidence of Alcoholism within the state. Binge drinking has increased within the past year, and needs to be monitored and controlled more carefully.
- This state worst health indicator is the incidence of infectious disease among residents. The good news about this percentage is that it’s been consistently lowering within the past two years. Nevertheless, there are still about 2 cases of infectious disease for every per 10,000 residents per year.
- Despite being below average, Cardiovascular and Cancer-Related deaths can also be looked upon.
Connecticut Health Insurance Quotes
In order to save on health insurance in Connecticut and find the best match for your personal coverage needs, you need more information than any one health insurance company can provide. You need to be able to review quotes from a broad range of Connecticut health insurance companies and see how their plan rates and benefits stack up. That is why we enable you to choose from a broad range of insurance companies and health insurance plans available in Connecticut.
Connecticut health insurance news
As a resident of Connecticut, it’s always important to be informed of the latest events and news regarding Health Insurance in your state. Here are some of the latest headlines that mention Health Care and Health Insurance related topics for Connecticut:
Connecticut Office of Insurance Regulation and Department of Health
If you have any additional questions or need special assistance, feel free to visit or contact Connecticut’s Insurance Department and Department of Public Health directly:
Connecticut Insurance Department
Consumer Affairs Division
PO Box 816
Hartford, CT 06142-0816
Phone: (860) 297-3900
Connecticut Department of Public Health
410 Capitol Avenue
Hartford, CT 06134
Phone: (860) 509-8000