Hawaii Health Insurance
Hawaii is one of the states where Health Care and Health Insurance coverage work together and benefit its residents in the best way possible. The percentage of residents in Hawaii that lack Health Insurance Coverage is one of the smallest within the nation, as only 8 out of every 100 citizens of Hawaii do not have any sort of Health Insurance Coverage. One of the biggest factors that help the state have such a high percentage of residents with Health Insurance Coverage is that 9 out of 10 employers within the state offer some sort of Health Insurance Benefit plan to their employees. Out of this number, 87% of the employees take on these benefit plans.
There are several key reasons that help this factor: this is a state that has strong Government funding destined to Health Care, and a state that allows Health Care to be accessible, not only thanks to its geographical conditions (Geographical disparity is very low within the state) but to its readiness (almost 93 percent of Hawaiians could get Primary health care if needed). Federally Qualified Health Centers also help a lot, especially all the people living under the 200% FPL. They attend one third of these residents.
In Hawaii, the entity that regulates all Health Insurance agents and companies is the Hawaii Insurance Division. It’s highly recommended that before purchasing any plan, you check in their site that any company you’re looking into has a valid license to sell health insurance in Hawaii and health plans approved by the Prepaid Healthcare Council. Also, is you’re interested into obtaining Medicaid assistance from the State, you should check out The Hawaii Sage Plus program, which provides free one-on-one counseling for Medicare beneficiaries with questions about any aspect of Medicare.
Health Ranking: #2
State Health Department Web Site: http://hawaii.gov/health/
If you are a Hawaii resident, we have excellent news for you. You are a privileged person! Hawaii was ranked as the second healthiest state in the US, in the 2008 edition of America’s Health Ranking. Despite always having a good reputation when it comes to its resident’s health, Hawaii has been improving its health even more in the past years and now is only second behind Vermont in the country.
What are some of Hawaii’s secrets? One of the state’s biggest assets is the fact that the Public Health funding is the best in the country. With almost $200 per capita, Hawaii residents have great Health options and with one of the country’s highest percentage of residents with Health Insurance Coverage, Health is not only Available, but extremely accessible.
Living in Hawaii means having not only a Healthy lifestyle, but also great access to Health Care in case you ever need it. It really doesn’t get much better than that.
- Hawaii’s percentage of infectious disease cases lowered a quarter within the past year, to 15.6 cases per 100,000 Hawaii residents in 2008.
- Hawaii is a state where infants and toddlers receive great preventive care. The percentage of children receiving complete immunizations increased in 2008, and now almost 9 out of 10 children ages 19 to 35 months have access and complete immunizations.
- The air is very fresh in Hawaii, as the pollution levels are the second lowest in the nation. This is a big factor that helps Hawaii residents to remain Healthy.
- Hawaiians live an overall Healthy lifestyle, which shows with the population’s llow incidence of both obesity and smoking (Hawaii has some of the lowest numbers in the nation for these measures). A healthy lifestyle also leads to a low number of preventable and unnecesary hospitalizations, only 3 for every 100 Medicare Enrollees.
- One of the things Hawaii could improve when it comes to health, is prenatal care.The percentage of pregnant women receiving proper prenatal care is one of the lowest in the nation.
- Another preventive measure that could be lowered is the incidence of binge drinking among Hawaiians, which is currently at 18%
- The percentage of children in poverty has increased slightly this past year. These needs to be monitored and controlled so it doesn’t become a bigger issue for Hawaii.
Hawaii Health Insurance Quotes
In order to save on health insurance in Hawaii and find the best match for your personal coverage needs, you need more information than any one health insurance company can provide. You need to be able to review quotes from a broad range of Hawaii health insurance companies and see how their plan rates and benefits stack up. That is why we enable you to choose from a broad range of insurance companies and health insurance plans available in Hawaii.
Hawaii Health Insurance News
As a resident of Hawaii, it’s always important to be informed of the latest events and news regarding Health Insurance in your state. Here are some of the latest headlines that mention Health Care and Health Insurance related topics for Hawaii:
Hawaii Office of Insurance Regulation and Department of Health
If you have any additional questions or need special assistance, feel free to visit or contact Hawaii’s Insurance Division and Department of Health directly:
Hawaii Insurance Division
Office: King Kalakaua Building
335 Merchant Street, Rm. 213
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
Mailing address: P.O. Box 3614
Honolulu, Hawaii 96811
Hawaii Department of Health
1250 Punchbowl Street
Honolulu, HI 96813
Phone: (808) 586-4400