Maine Health Insurance
Maine has one of the best percentages of residents with Health Insurance coverage in the country. 91% of all Maine residents are Insured, and only about 9% of residents lack Health Insurance. Maine has worked hard towards offering extremely accessible health plans to its residents. Nevertheless, that 9% of residents cannot be looked by. Health Insurance options need to become available so that they also have the opportunity of being covered as well.
The percentage of employers offering health insurance to employees is also good. 56% of all Maine employers offer Health Benefits to its employees, and out 77% of those employees use those benefits. A great indicator that Maine is always working towards the welfare of its residents is that this is one of the few states in the country where the percentage of Health Insurance offered by employers is increasing instead of decreasing.
Although public health funding in Maine is relatively low per capita, the state manages to have an accessible Health Care, with 125.3 physicians per 100,000 residents. One of Maine's key assets is how almost everyone has access to health in this state: 9 out of 10 residents of Main have access to ready medical Care if needed. Federally Qualified Health Centers also help tremendously in this state, as they serve more than 36% of all population under 200% Federal Poverty Line.
If you are a Maine resident looking for Health Insurance Coverage for you and your loved ones, we strongly recommend you to visit the Bureau of Insurance. The Bureau of Insurance regulates the insurance industry and can help you confirm that any agent or insurance company that you’re interested of doing business with is licensed to do business in Maine.
Health Ranking: #9
State Health Department Web Site: http://www.kdheks.gov/
If you are currently a resident of Maine, you are very lucky. According to America’s Health Rankings, Maine is one of the healthiest states to live in 2008.This year, Maine has been ranked as the 9th healthiest state in the country, and although dropping slightly in the ranking, Maine has been an extremely healthy place to live for a long time now. There are few places better than this state to live and raise a family, as health care in Maine is not only highly accessible but also very efficient.
One of the biggest assets of Maine’s Health System is that it has been consistently improving in accessibility, continuously allowing more and more residents within the state to enjoy the health benefits that this state provides. With great access to health care and health insurance, Maine’s residents could not do much better than this.
- Maine has the lowest Violent Crime rate in the Country, with barely 12 offenses per 10,000 residents.
- Maine is a great example that public funding does not make a state healthier. Although Maine has very poor public health funding ($51 per capita), over 90% of its residents are Insured, and the efficiency and accessibility of its Health Care is one of the best in the nation.
- The key factor in Maine's success health-wise is accessibility and coverage. They have been reducing the percentage of people with no health insurance consistently for the past five years
- The number of primary care physicians is improving within the state, and the rate of preventable hospitalizations and geographic disparity is decreasing. Health Care in this state is not only accessible and affordable, but also super efficient and effective.
- Maine’s incidence of obesity increased two percent in the last year alone. One quarter of Maine’s residents are now considered obese.
- The percentage of children living in poverty conditions has also increased within the past year. 14.4% of the underage Maine residents live in poverty.
- Cardiovascular-related deaths, Infant Mortality rates and premature death percentages have risen slightly within the past year.
- Maine's percentage of complete immunization coverage percentage is low, with only 77.6 percent of toddlers receiving complete immunizations.
- The incidence of Cancer-related deaths is the seventh worst in the county, but it has been lowering within the past year.
Maine Health Insurance Quotes
In order to save on health insurance in Maine and find the best match for your personal coverage needs, you need more information than any one health insurance company can provide. You need to be able to review quotes from a broad range of Maine health insurance companies and see how their plan rates and benefits stack up. That is why we enable you to choose from a broad range of insurance companies and health insurance plans available in Maine.
Maine Health Insurance News
As a resident of Maine, it’s always important to be informed of the latest events and news regarding Health Insurance in your state. Here are some of the latest headlines that mention Health Care and Health Insurance related topics for Maine:
Maine Insurance and Department of Health Information
If you have any additional questions or need special assistance, feel free to visit or contact Maine’s Bureau Insurance and Department of Health and Human Services directly:
Maine Bureau of Insurance
124 Northern Avenue
Gardiner, Maine 04345
Phone: (207) 624-8475
Maine Department of Health and Human Services
221 State Street
Augusta, ME 04333
Phone: (207) 287-3707